Saturday, February 2, 2013

A new journey

We have embarked on a new phase of our journey with a 25 foot Airstream trailer. Being a submarine officer with 17 years of sea duty, I see allot of the same issues that we had at sea. If you don't have it with you, you need to make do with what you have.
Being limited in space makes you more cautious about what you take with you. You may be sleeping with it if you don't have a place to store it. We don't waste anything: electrical power, water, etc. Some of the best technology that I've seen in the past few months is in the alternative energy area. Currently I have a 600w wind turbine in my office. I'm waiting to get it on the roof. In our hurricane prone area of the coast, that might just allow us to have electricity when every other house is dark. Our turbulent times call not for violence but for thoughtful, hardworking Americans to reach back to the past and pull the values that our fathers and grand fathers taught us and drag them into the future with new technology and new answers. No whining here. I still remember when my family didn't have running water or indoor bathrooms.

 

No comments: